Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Noam and I went over his homework. We looked at his food diary and talked about how many servings of fruits and vegetables Health Canada recommends we eat each day (6) and how many Noam actually ate (1). We talked about how corn seems to be in everything! And then we watched our first in class movie: Food, Inc. I had to leave early today for a doctor's appointment so I left some reading for Noam to do: Harry Stottlemeier's Discovery. I was going to have a class at some point in the future about how to read quickly (looking at impediments like sub-vocalizations and what not) but was amazed to discover that Noam is a tremendously fast reader, probably faster than me. This is something I didn't know about him. Tomorrow the chess tutor is going to come by at 10:30 to teach him chess for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment